Our specialist knowledge in glass, manufacture and treatment allows us to support the supply-chain with process investigations and auditing in order to optimise production, resolve production issues or for benchmarking or assessment of prospective suppliers.
Expert consultancy, analysis and assessment is provided by our dedicated team of consultants and scientists, who have expertise in glass manufacture, processing, material sciences, chemistry, physics and engineering disciplines and together hold over 380 years collective glass experience.
We are often called upon by stakeholders at all levels in the supply chain - whether it be to audit new prospective suppliers or provide recommendations on improvements or by the company themselves to overcome production or processing problems, to optimise performance or conduct regular benchmarking of their manufacturing and processing operations.
As well as our established reputation in glass production and glass processing consultancy, our experts have also assisted entrepreneurs develop new glass products and manufacturing processes to introduce new glass based products such as for biomaterials, photonic and defence applications for example.
Examples of typical scenarios that we become involved with for technical production consultancy include:
- Full process auditing and assessment - recommendations to improve efficiency and/or quality;
- Increased or increasing glass defect occurrences;
- Production losses - unacceptable rates of ware rejects or failures on-line;
- Glass forming issues and defects - sticking wares, forming defects;
- Inadequate glass quality and/or processing stages, such as annealing, toughening or coating stages;
- Plant energy audits and efficiency measures;
- Feasibility studies for new factory installations;
- Assessment and recommendations for investments.
Glass Technology Services are unveiling another free resourc...
Latest Case Studies
A customer producing articles manufactured from two differen...