Providing quality assessment of a wide range of glass products for performance and mechanical strength against specific standards, customer requirements or Glass Technology Services recommendations.
Depending upon the type of product and its intended use, a range of visual factors and mechanical properties may be assessed and examined, including:
- Design features;
- Mechanical damage or manufacturing defects, such as inclusions or cord;
- Pendulum impact strength;
- Annealing residual stress or toughening assessment;
- Cased glass assessment;
- Component interactions, such as glass-metal contact;
- Thermal shock resistance;
- Glass thickness and weights.
These types of assessment are vital to demonstrate due diligence throughout the supply-chain, even where there are no formal international or geographic standards in place for a particular product.
We provide visual quality assessment fitness-for-purpose testing and a range of physical and mechanical tests for a whole range of domestic, flat, container, technical, pharmaceutical and scientific glasswares, including:
- Domestic glassware, including ovenware, casserole dishes, vases, lighting, candle-holders, drinking glasses and decorative items;
- Trade glassware, including pint glasses, branded and promotional glassware;
- Container glass, including bottles, jars and flaconnage - please see container industry standards;
- Flat glass, including annealed, toughened and laminated glass - please also see our services for architectural glass and glazing;
- Technical and Scientific glassware, including beakers, condensers, burettes and slides;
- Pharmaceutical glassware, including ampoules, vials, bottles and syringes - please also see our services for the biomedical and pharmaceutical sectors.
Glass Technology Services have welcomed new, stricter analyt...
Latest Case Studies
A customer producing articles manufactured from two differen...