Analysis of glass colour by UV-Visible Spectrophotometry providing manufacturers, brand owners and designers with accurate colour coordinates for colour verification, matching, development or benchmarking batch variations.
Analysis provides colour coordinates under the CIE L*a*b* (CIELAB) color space. Coordinates L*, a* and B* are provided. where L* is lightness and components a* and b* are the colour opponents.
The quantification of colour by coordinates allows both limits and tolerances to be set for product colour to ensure that specific product branding or performance requirements are met.
The benefit of the CIELAB color space is that it includes all perceivable colours - exceeding that of the common RGB or CMYK spaces; and the colour coordinates are device independent.
Please contact us, or make an enquiry using the form above, if you have any bespoke requirements, require further information, or would like a quote for analysis.
- Colour analysis, comparison and deviation;
- Verification against client specifications;
- Verification of "premium" flint, or "extra white", quality.
Please also see:
- Glass Property Measurement;
- Optical and Thermal Properties;
- Analytical Services;
- Quality Assessment Services;
- Physical and Mechanical Testing Services.